Wednesday 2 July 2014

Textures

The other afternoon while I was trimming my latest magazine project prior to binding, the afternoon sun shone through my studio windows and highlighted the quilting texture beautifully:


Unfortunately it didn't also highlight the two small sections I'd somehow missed, and which I didn't discover until I'd pinned it up to photograph. By that stage I didn't have time for mucking around, so I added the little bits of quilting after the photos!


I've posted both this one and the beach quilt. Photos of the beach quilt are coming once I've edited them to get the colours accurate - but I spent this evening knitting instead. I've started a jumper for James. I'm using a pattern, something I never do with quilting - except I'm altering the size, and the cable design (I'm thrilled I can knit cables, such lovely quilting-like texture they create!), and using different yarn, and making it striped....

1 comment:

eva said...

applique...
i just found your blog, and am looking forward to perusing it.
i want to do some applique - and had thought to do a blanket stitch (by machine) but am not liking what i've seen so far. i see that you use a straight stitch.... do you just shorten the stitch length to keep it from fraying??
i love the work you do....
xo
eva