Saturday 8 February 2014

Hot and cold

Today James finished his fifth quilt. He designed it with me, painted all the fabric for the top, did some of the cutting, most of the pinning, all of the piecing, pressed under supervision and helped with the basting and quilting. You can see the lovely soft contrast minkee backing he chose.



Not that he needs to be bundled up in a quilt. As I sit up late watching the start of the Winter Olympics and we look forward to 2 weeks of ice and snow sports, we're in the middle of a very hot summer, and anticipating 42C (108F) tomorrow!

I just need him to name the quilt, and you should be able to see it in full as a project (instructions written by me!) in Australian Patchwork & Quilting in May (I think it's the children's issue).

4 comments:

Schulz Family said...

My son did a little quilt and we have talked about a big one but he has yet to do it. What an inspiration. I would love to see a photo of it spread out.

Audrey said...

Congratulations, James

Lynette said...

Wow! Way to go, James! Stay cool, you guys.

Karen said...

Congratulations, James. Fantastic quilting!